From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:30:43 -0500
I've noticed that my little biter from Bobbi, Hanna, has a supervisor
fetish.  Every time she's awake and I clean litter boxes and change potty
papers she has to be right there checking out my work, including going
UNDER the papers to make sure I cleaned the floor beneath them.  This
weekend when I cleaned the huge cage in the bedroom, she was on the top
shelf not letting me put my hands in to grab the papers so I picked up
one of the yellow elbo tubes and stuck my hand in the other end to entice
her in so I could set her on the floor.  She gave me one of those looks
that says "soooo you think YOU can outsmart ME?" then she stuck her head
in just a bit as I patiently finger tapped the other end.  She
slooowwwlly inched her body in till only her tail and back legs were out
and then all of a sudden her cute little bob tail started frantically
wagging, rear going too and her back legs pawed the ground and zoooom she
was in the tube.  I gently put the tube on the floor and quickly removed
and replaced the papers before she regained her sense of what I was
doing.  Whew!  Some supervisors are real bears!

I know that since Hanna has joined our family, my litter box/potty paper
changing time takes less time.  I'm much faster now. ;-)

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services
http://www.ferretfamilyservices.org