From:
Tracy & Aaron McAlpine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 1996 20:35:39 -0500
IMO, what was meant to be so bad about the auctioning was that information
was not passed on to the owners about the care a ferret requires.  I feel
there would not be as many ferrets in shelters, or found in dumpsters, or
found massively abused in parks if people could be educated on what they are
about to get themselves into - and what I mean by that is plain & simple, a
ferret requires more care than a dog or cat.  I do not think I am all high &
mighty.  I did not know what to do with a ferret when I got Pinky from
friends who did not want her.  But I took the time to buy a book, find a
good vet, & went to the library to check out books that were not for sale
where I looked.  I still try to educate myself on ferrets, and the FML is
one fabulous way that I do that.  Ferrets are wonderful pets for me, but not
for everyone.

Tracy & the girls -
Pinky, Jasmine, Shadow, & Bear