From:
California Domestic Ferret Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 1996 11:13:24 -0400
Attention!!!!    Californians!!!!!!!!

At the request of our resolution sponsor and author (Jan Goldsmith) we are
stagging a support rally on the Sacramento Capitol steps May 14,1996
starting at 8am.  It is imperative that we have a good attendance.  We MUST
show support of this resolution.

Take a day off work!
Take a vacation Day!
Call in sick!
Call in Dead!
Don't care how you do it,
But for the sake of Ferrets in California
BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring signs, (something like, Support HR35, We want ferrets legal, In this
state we're considered criminals, why not in 48 other states?) you get the
idea.  Bring Children,

DO NOT BRING FERRETS!

If for some reason (personally I might consider your death an excuse) you
can't be there, then stage a simultaneous Rally in the largest City near you
AND let us know it's going to happen, so we can make sure the word gets to
the right people..

We understand this is last minute notice, and for that we apologize, but we
just got the word.

Call your local Radio and TV stations, let them know.  Contact your local
newspapers to see if they will do a 'freebie' article or ad for the Rally.
I have flyers made up, if you contact me, I can fax them to you or even
snail mail them.  Put them EVERYWHERE...... pet stores, malls, grocery
stores, vet's offices, etc.  Get the word out......

Other non-Ca organizations, you have CA residents on your mailing lists,
please do a postcard special mailing and let them know.

Lets really show the CA legislature we are tired of being considered in the
same line with murders, muggers, and the other criminal elements.......

CDFA1

PS..... See you there.................