From:
Tatia Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 12:02:14 -0600
Thanks to everyone who sent me the information on Cheweasel last week.  We
have ordered it and are anxiously awaiting its arrival.

Now, on to my question...Harpo and Spanky are about 8 and 7 months old
respectively.  They are MF and we have had them since they were appx. 6-8
weeks old.  They have been fed Totally Ferret exclusively for almost all
their time with us.  Spanky (the younger) has developed a gorgeous winter
coat (he's a silver mitt).  It is long and incredibly soft.  Harpo (a
sable), on the other hand, hasn't really grown a winter coat yet.  He did
shed a bit a couple months ago, but his hair is till short and thin (a
summer type coat).  It is shiny, but fairly coarse.  I am wondering, why the
big difference?  They are in the same cage, eat the same food, get the same
amount of exercise, etc.  Is it just a genetic thing?  Or maybe Harpo
figures he doesn't need a thick winter coat as long as he can snuggle up
with Spanky...

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Tatia, Harpo and Spanky