From:
Carla Almaraz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 01:55:02 -0800
Jonothon and FML'ers,

Dr. Stauber told me that Jean's ferrets had ECE.  I asked Jean about it when
we were there in December.  She confirmed that they had ECE but gave me a
different date than the vet did (I don't recall the exact date but one
report was within the past year).  In any case, you should use precautions
if you plan on bringing them into your household.  If you don't know
anything about ECE, visit Ferret Central.

For the record, there was *not* an outbreak of ECE after introducing Jean's
10 ferrets to the shelter.  Her ferrets might be out of the contagious
timeframe.

    -Carla Almaraz