From:
Shirley Hewett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 17:52:29 +1000
For those of you who may have been interested in my original post about
Toes, and to all of you who wrote with tips and support, here is an
update on her.

Briefly, Toes would fall into a coma from fear after biting anybody.
Although she improved a little, for some weeks she would still "faint"
if voices were raised, hands appeared threatening or she began to feel
playful.

The weeks of gentle treatment payed off.  It was as if the penny dropped!!
Suddenly Toes plays with people, with other ferrets and does the most
wonderful dancing I've ever seen.  Occasionally she gets a little toothy
when playing, but can be easily distracted by other games or toys.

The general consensus of those who visit is that she's a "different
ferret", but I still call her Toes :-D

My sincere thanks to all who wrote with hints and encouragement.

Love & Dooks
Shirley