From:
Erik Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 16:28:34 -0500
Hi.  I've been lurking here for about 2 months, but I finally decided to
introduce myself.  My name is Erik and I live in Gainesville, Florida.  I
am owned by two ferrets, Streudel and Terry.  I bought Streudel at a pet
store about a year ago.  I've since learned a lot more about ferrets and I
recently went to a shelter to get my second.

Terry was just irresistable.  I went to West End Animal Hospital, right
outside Gainesville (hey to Dr. Kemmerer - I know she sometimes reads this).
She had just had adrenal surgery and was completely bald.  I'm proud to
announce that she has adjusted well and only has one bald spot left, right
on her "rump" before her tail begins.  And I think that will grow in very
soon.  Well, Dr. K runs a little shelter at her office and Terry was a
"foster" ferret, so she really belongs to Dr. K, but I can keep her as long
as she doesn't have any more medical problems.  She's about 5-6 years old
and adorable.  Streudel follows her wherever she goes.

Anyway, that's long enough.  Back to lurking.

Erik, Streudel and Terry