From:
Michael Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 1997 10:54:35 -0700
My 11 month old female sable, Athena, seems to have stopped eating.  She has
started to get quite skinny compared to when we first got her in March.  We
have always given her Iams Kitten food, and she always liked it, but now she
won't eat it.  I tried heating it up with a little water to make it moist,
and she will eat a little of it that way.  When we put her at her bowl of
dry Iams, she makes gagging sounds like she is going to vomit, it is almost
like dry heaving.  She has also been sleeping more than usual and she seems
to be depressed.  She used to play a lot, but now she just lays down beside
me on the floor or bed when it is playtime.  She is still active though,
just not as much as usual.  I am going to try a different food today and see
how that goes.  Her poop is normal so I do not know what is wrong.  Anyone
have any ideas?  We just had her at the vet for a check-up and the Dr. says
she is fine!

Oh, also, she is a daddy's girl, and my SO just got a new job a couple of
weeks ago and he is out of town a lot, maybe she really misses him.  He is
not home very much now.  Could that be a possibility?

Hoping someone can help,

Monica Nickolichuk
Scooter and Athena
Prince George, BC Canada