Date:
Tue, 25 Dec 2007 06:04:09 -0800
Last night I had Christmas with the fuzzys. It occurred to me that it
would be a wonderful thank you to those that played Santa if we could
take a few pics or video clips of the furry recipients of the gifts
and send them as a thank you to their santas. They may not know it's
Christmas, but they sure do know what gifts are! My kids open presents
and if you could have seen the looks on the second shift's faces as
the first shift opened presents. Good grief, you could have cut THAT
tension with a knife, but alas there is no other way...there will be
no scrapping on Christmas.

Although the gifts are intended for the named ferrets on the tree,
there are certain types of gifts that can be shared among all the
ferrets at a rescue. With that in mind, maybe next year, to minimize
Kris's workload, each shelter could put up only a few of their ferrets
and the Santas could send gifts that could be shared by all the shelter
kids? Just a thought as I watched all the kids enjoy scrambling through
their new flexi tube and bound through the cornstarch pellets. U tube
videos will be coming. We had four ferrets on the tree and the gifts
that were sent are being enjoyed by forty.

Webster visited our regular vet yesterday. Carefully viewing the xrays
and feeling his belly, a mass in his abdomen was found. ..the same area
that I felt prior to taking him to the ER...I don't know how the ER
doctor didn't feel it. It's a knotty type mass about the size of a
small gherkin. He will be having it biopsied tomorrow, but these things
are never good. I have started him on the Timmy's recipe and will
be adding large doses of red clover. Red clover is known to shrink
tumors...it worked wonders with Silver Furzilla. He's less than
thrilled with the new taste of his warm food but will take it from a
syringe in larger doses than trusting him to eat it without assistance.
He was reunited with his two brothers to keep him company and work
their natural healing energies. He's alert and takes brief walks before
he pancakes. He enjoys rifling through plastic bags of yarn. Although
I'm concerned about him over exerting, keeping him confined 24/7 is
making him nuts and that can't be healthy and will only stress him out.
I'm staying positive and confident that we can fight this tumor and
win. Thank you all for your emails full of prayer, positive energy and
concern. He's only a year and a half old.....just not fair.

Warm Fuzzys,

Kim and da kids

Kimberly Fox
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-tilesoflove.html Fundraiser page