From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 31 May 1994 10:30:58 -0400

> From: [log in to unmask] (Urban Fredriksson)
> Subject: Multiple ferrets
>
> What surprises me is how many of you call your ferrets weasels.
> To me it sounds just as ridiculous as calling them rodents, but a
> better scientific analogy would be to say it sounds like calling
> a tiger a lynx, as the weasels we have here are about a fifth the
> size of a ferret.
> --
>  Urban Fredriksson  [log in to unmask]  Would whale meat make good ferret food?

        All right Urban.  I like that analogy. :)  As for whale meat
I don'g know.  But rumor has it that Florida Manatee has more protien. :)
It's a joke guys . Please no flames.  I love manatee's they may be a
little on the ugly side but then again they are humble.  Has anyone out
there hand fed one.  It's pretty neet and they don't under stand when
you run out of food.  So they hang around and bump you looking for more.:)

        As for introduction of a new ferret to a one ferret house hold.
This all depends on your ferret.  Mine got along great from the start.
Although Sebastian my oldest at around one and a half thought Mako at
six to eight weeks old was a new toy.  I still took it slowly and would
not let them stay together unsupervised for two days.  Now I will not
go any where with just one, both or nothing.

        If you do have trouble try switching bedding after each has spent
the night on it.  This way they can get used to they other's scent.  Most
98.9% of all ferrets like the company of other ferrets.  Plus two is three
times the fun as one.  Some day I will own three or four or eight ferrets.
I foster parrent for the shelter some times, I wish I could keep them all.

        A quick ferret story.  Atfer coming home from a two week vacation
several weeks ago my appartment was flooded.  Broken water pipe.  Well last
night was the first time in a month I let the kids play in the living room
and kitchen.  Boy were they the two happiest ferrets I've ever seen.  They
didn't stop clucking for at least 15 minutes.  I don't remember the last
time they made so much noise.  Since I still don't carpet in the living
room they could squeeze under the sofa and love seet. I forgot how flat
a ferret could get.

        Hope you all had a good weekend.

        Brad, Sebastian, and Mako.

        P.S. DOE'S ANY ONE KNOW WHEN AND WHERE THE NEXT FERRET SHOW WILL
             BE HELD IN THE SOUTHEAST?  FLORIDA, GOERGIA OR SOUTH CAROLINA.