From:
Bill Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 09:08:16 -0500
>Well, I'm in the process of convincing the local pet stores that keeping
>ferrets in glass fish tanks in pine shavings with no litter box and no toys
>or anything is not good for either the ferrets or the owners.

I have abstracts received from OSHA of six studies re the health effects of
wood dust and from handling red cedar.  These include Allergies, Respiratory
Disease, Asthma, Rhinitis, Chest tightness on exertion, anorexia, and weight
loss.  Send me a SASE and I'll mail copies them back to you.  One page each,
total six pages.

        Bill Williamson
        13 Whiting Road
        Framingham, Mass 01701