From:
Cindy Sooy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 1995 07:38:00 UTC
Dr. Williams,

Thanks for your advice concerning Baby's upcoming splenectomy. She's
going in Tues. morning to have a tumor removed from her hind leg and
the vet will do the splenectomy then. Are there any special
precautions I will have to take with her afterwards? I know ferrets
do well without a spleen, but are there any associated problems?
Anyone else on the FML with a spleenless ferret?

I'd like to take some time to thank Dr. Williams and the other FML
vets for their time and informative advice. I, and I'm sure all the
other subscribers, really appreciate your being available and so
accessible. My vet is wonderful but she doesn't have the knowledge
or experience that you all have and it's really nice to have your
input.

Art,

I'm awfully sorry to hear about Guy. I'm a small time breeder and I
run a shelter and the hardest thing in the world to do is to decide
when it's time to let a ferret go. Your signature looks incomplete
without Art-the human and Guy-the ferret. I'm sure it feels that way
to you also. You have my heartfelt sympathy.

Cindy Sooy