From:
Vicki Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 19:27:21 -0700
>These little guys don't have a clue of what is going on nor do
>they care. They are totally innocent and devoid of capability of
>understanding but just the same they demonstrate unconditional
>love and appreciation to me. That simple act by those dumb animals
>lightened my heart to bring a smile to a very worn person.
>
>And to think they were to be put down by the SPCA for lack of
>anyone's interest to have them! Am so very glad I did take them
>in, I was blessed.
>
>Gordon, Peekaboo and Pester
>
>Rev. J. Gordon Bengtson

Dear Rev. J. Gordon Bengtson - dear all Rev. J. Gordon Bengtsons;

I am greatly pleased that you have 2 wonderful fuzzy friends to lift
your spirits when the outside world has knocked you up one side and
down the other.

I do beg you to please not think of them as dumb animals nor think
of them as total innocents without an ability to understand what is
happening around them.

Animals, at least on an emotional level, have been shown to exhibit
deep understanding, actions and reactions. Animals have also been shown
in many ways to be clarivoyant and intuitive beyond anything most
humans can even imagine of them (non-humans) or themselves (any human).

Your fuzzy kids more than likely did sense your dejection and found
that grooming was a good first step to bringing you back to some
acceptable level of joy. Grooming is a way to show love and respect
and to impart comfort and peace.

I will never understand any human so far removed from the natural
world that they can or do not understand that while we possess certain
knowledge and abilities (which cool our homes and cars in the summer
and warm them in the winter, create concoctions and perform surgeries
which save lives, build structures that fly in the air, sail upon the
waters and even tower over the land and so much much more), animals
also are able to understand and react to many circumstances in our
lives - they do understand. They may be dumb if that definition is only
defined as able to speak in the manner and language of a human being...
but they are far far far from dumb.

They understand joy, love, fear, anger, sadness etc. They can
sense/detect illness both physical and mental, they are able to preform
tasks that many people find incredible and often call tricks, but the
ones who preform these tricks without having been trained belie the
brain behind the act. Some of our animal friends have limited human
sounding language... NO ONE knows if they understand what they are
saying or not. It will not be until MAN is SMART enough to understand
other species that he will know just what they really do know, but
their actions often suggest they know more than the arrogance of man
gives them credit.

This is not meant to be a harsh criticism of you, but it is the result
of a bleeding heart for animals getting the short end of the stick
from a man yet again (or so it seems)... and I am proud that my heart
bleeds for them and aches for how they are considered and treated by
men (mankind).  I pray that others wake-up from their slumber in
civilization and give our furred and feathered friends more credit,
more respect, and more room here with us.

I also thank God that your fuzzies were there for you in one of your
times of needs... I would give you hugs meaning comfort, but maybe
what you did get was even better.

Vicki Montgomery Tricks and Treats Rescue
Greater Houston/Galveston Texas 713-472-6599
"Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things,
man will not himself find peace." ~ Dr. Albert Schweitzer