Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 21:38:51 EDT
Please let's keep in mind that when people write to us about the loss of a
loved one, quite often they may not be in a state of mind to write the
clearest, most concise post possible.  These posts may be more emotionally
than intellectually generated, based on the writer's need and state at the
time.

I also wanted to express appreciation to all who have shared their tragic
and near tragic stories with us.  I know it must take a great deal of
courage to write about your losses or near losses, but I believe this
sharing saves countless ferret lives.  Julianna, I shared your tears at the
loss of your FUBAR and I am so sorry for you.  I am also thankful for the
reminder that no home is ever completely ferret proofed.  Over the years
there have been posts about ferrets suffering all kinds of tragedies -- in
refrigerators, dishwashers, dryers, being stepped on, escaping through open
doors and windows, etc., and I bet many of these folks received some nasty
emails about what how they care for their ferrets.  To all of you who took
the time to share your experience, in spite of the negative consequences of
hate mail: Thank you!  You remind me to be ever vigilant, to check that
pile of clothes or rumpled rug before stepping, double check the doors and
windows, the appliances, even though they don't have access to the kitchen.
Nikki reminded me that they can also be in danger in their own cage (and
that their nails needed to be trimmed :)  It is through sharing our
experiences, the best and the worst, that we all learn.

Lucie

                        @-"-@
                    o00 -\o/- 00o