From:
Amy Sodus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 19:53:47 EDT
>I use the kitten tooth brushes and enzymatic toothpaste.  Theyre teeth
>don't seem to be much cleaner.  I was wondering how long it takes for the
>enzymatic toothpaste to work

I used to use that stuff too.  Doesn't work at all.  I've even tried the
Marshall Farm's ferret toothpaste.  Doesn't work either, and most hated the
mint flavor (I actually lost ground with one... being trained to have teeth
brushed) What really works very well is the stuff I got from my vet.  It
is called Maxi Guard.  It's a blue gel that you keep in the fridge.  It's
supposed to be taste free with a slight tart taste to facilitate tounge
movement.  All don't mind it, and some actually like it.  It really keeps
the teeth tartar free, helps loosen up debri, and the teeth now actually
gleem a shiny white.  Even the vet was very supprised on how well it worked
for them.  I do brush their teeth everyday and use a kiddy toothbrush.  It
does cost about $12 for the 4 oz bottle, but lasts forever.  You use a
drop on the brush.  I have 4 ferrets and the bottle lasts a long time with
brushing everyday.

Amy and the boys