From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 1996 11:41:36 EDT
HI all--
Maybe one of you Brazilians out there can help me-- does anyone know the
Portuguese word for ferret?  My nieghborhood is very Portuguese, and I'd
like to be able to tell the old people what the ferrets are.  Are ferrets at
all common in Portugal?

Rockin' ferrets-- I do something similar to calm Cully down.  I hold him
belly-side-up, with one hand under his neck and another under his shoulders
and upper body.  The rest of his body is supported by my fore arm.  Then I
massage him with both hands until he's yawning and floppy.  Usually works
like a charm to calm him down, and lets him know that I like him.  And it
lets me know that he trusts me (he's been acting so strange this morning--
he's been lurking in the closet and when he does come out his tail is one
big bottle brush.  He even let me hold him for a few minutes-- if I could
figure out what's freaking him out I'd do something about it, but I have no
idea!)

Lick lick CHOMP-- both of mine do this, though it's more serious with Cully
problem child.  My theory on it-- once I watched Amelia do the same thing to
Cully.  At first I thought, wow, she's kissing him, they're finally getting
along.  Nope-- she was just matting down his fur so that she could really
bite him good.  Oh well.

Regina (whose head is still spinning from Trainspotting)
Cully, who isn't coming out of the closet today, thank you
and Amelia, who says "see?  he's wierd.  You should get rid of him."