From:
"William A. Killian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 14:13:32 -0400
>From:    "Ferrets First Shelter, TX" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Need Fuzzy Transport
>We think we've found transportation as far south as Detroit, we just need
>people who can bring him from Detroit south in the general direction of
>Texas.

Maybe if you have crowding problems in Texas you could find somewhere in
Michighan for this ferret to stay.  There are plenty of good people up in
Michighan and they haven't talked as much about over crowding at their
shelters.

We are very sure you mean well for these ferrets so it isn't personal.  It
just seems more sensible to not send ferrets that far especially if one is
tempramental.  Traveling in cars is very traumatic on ferrets that aren't
with people they know.

>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Attention Ferret Lovers?

Hmm... animal rights topic.  No way will we touch that one......

>From:    alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Responses to recent Marhsall posts(3ed)
>PS Personally, I am not affiliated or aligned with ANY ferret group,
>organization, or club, and plan to remain that way.

Good luck.  We tried this ourselves.

As for the campaign with Marshall Farms.  Good luck here to.  This is a
worthwhile endeavor but the road will be full of obstacles.  We believe with
input your direction is getting better.  Let us all know exactly how we can
help (but expect more "attempts to correct drift" as well).

>From:    Krista Lee Garis <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: MF ferret

A couple of comments.  There is not a big difference genetically between the
ferrets that go to labs and those that go to pet stores.  Well except maybe
color.  We'd suspect the "fancy colors" are not as likely to be sent to labs
that don't care.  But it isn't two distinct groups.  Marshall sold lab
ferrets before they sold pet ferrets - there was no pet ferret market at
that time really.

We'll not touch the "saving ferrets from a pet store" issue.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
mailto:[log in to unmask]  mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.zenferret.com/