From:
Blossom Flower <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 00:38:03 -0800
>To Blossom,
>
>I'm not flaming you, but I'm just throwing this out there... If pet
>food, treats and medications taste so awful why would we want to feed
>them to our beloved babies?  ... just a thought.

Well, when you think about it animals eat a lot of things that most
people wouldn't dare eat... including their own vomit and other animals
poop sometimes.  lol  I almost puked when I saw the family dog "Pigeon"
go and grab a mouthful of cat poo out of the litter pan and gobble it
up!  *ugh*  That was the end of the litter box after I witnessed that
disgusting site!  haha My point is that animals often are not that picky
about what they eat.  They will often eat raw uncoooked meats if given
the chance and it doesnt bother them if something is dropped on the
floor.  Sometimes the more unpleasant the odor is the more they are drawn
to certain foods.  They also need certain things in their diets that
people don't neccesary need and vise versa.  Some animal foods may
contain similar things we eat like perhaps some of the sweet treats
you were talking about.  Maybe trying a horse cookie or ferret yogurt
wouldn't be so bad because it's more like what people eat.  But I have no
desire whatsoever to try dry or canned dog or cat food, ferret food or
medicines that are specially formulated for an animal.  No thanks.  But
to each their own.

I have seen some people let dogs lick the inside of their mouths too,
which is not something I could do either.  I always have to wonder how
long before that was the same dog licking it's own backside??  lol Just
isn't something that appeals to me.  I love the animals in my home; they
are part of my family and always will be, but I have no desire to share
their food with them.  I share MY food with them sometimes, but I won't
touch my food after just having touched an animal.  I wash my hands a
lot in between handling them because of germs.

When you shared the cookie with your horse did your hands touch the horse
while you were eating the cookie?  Just wondering.  I guess what I'm
trying to say is there is a difference.  But I don't judge what other
people do.  Different strokes for different folks as they say.  Just
isn't my cup of tea; that's all.  lol