From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 2009 19:53:02 -0500
Dear Diane,

It was a misty, quiet morning when Hobbes came to my door. He was
bundled up as usual. and surprisingly not grumpy at all. In fact he
had this huge grin on his face and I asked him what was up and he told
me, "You gotta read this scroll", and then he walked off with a soft
chuckle, and a bounce in his stride.

I watched him as his made his merry way down the path of my cottage
and had to wonder, what the heck would make him smile. So I opened the
scroll and read away. It was all about Strider of course and when I got
to the part where it talked about his "butt biting" I fell on my back
side laughing.

I could just imagine this fellow, nonchalantly meandering his way into
the bathroom and then when you least expect it, a nice nip on your back
side is given and off he goes! What a very fond and very funny memory.

I decided to ask a few of my brothers and sisters to come along with me
to greet your sweet boy. I asked Obi, o great teacher of flying of kits
and my M&M's - Macari and Maharet - who work in the Fuzzit Incoming
Offices, and Tisha, mums gentleman fuzzit and a few others and we all
walked to the Bridge.

It was still misty, and a bit grey, but it was still quite a beautiful
day. The trees were full of color and there was the lovely scent of
home fires in the air, and there was the love that we share with one
and another. When we got to the Bridge we saw that is was covered in
dew laden spider webs and it looked like someone had placed thousands
of sparkly diamonds all around it. As we stood waiting for Strider, the
sun decided to make a very special appearance and in the cloud cover, a
small opening was made, and the sun shone down upon the Bridge itself
and between the dew dropped webs and the mist on the ground, it was
indeed a very magical place to be.

We all heard the soft tiny steps of Strider and then he was there. He
had this huge smile on his handsome face and he just stood there and
enjoyed the warmth of the sun. He told me that he was holding onto his
last moments with you. That being a part of your family for all those
years was like having a miracle everyday of his life and that what he
wanted most of all, was for you to know that he loves you. I know I
have said this in greetings before, but it is the truth. The one thing
we can take with us when we leave is love. It is what we are surrounded
by everyday we live with those who love us, and it is what both follows
us and greets us when we arrive here at the Bridge.

You know that one day the two of you will be reunited, and have many
stories to share and much love to continue giving, and maybe, he just
night surprise you with one of his famous butt biting antics :)

In Love & In Comfort,

Pie O' Pah