From:
Kristin Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 2009 11:09:04 -0400
Hi everyone,

I need the expertise of the ferret community. My vet felt something
in my 2 year old boy, Graham, yesterday. She took some films and it
showed a stone in his right kidney and possibly one in his left. The
vet has never heard of this in a ferret before. Have any of you had any
experiences with this? My understanding is that going in and removing
the stones is not a good option, as the kidney starts to break down if
opened. A great friend of mine told me that she believes there is a non
invasive procedure that can break down the stones. Do any of you have
any experience, or heard of this especially in a ferret? We have an
ultrasound scheduled for Wednesday, but I am going to go crazy before
that if I don't get some answers and some hope. I just lost my 2 year
old girl in January to Lymphoma and I can't bear to think of loosing
him so young as well.

Please feel free to respond either through the FML or to my email
address directly. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kristin Baker in MA