From:
Les Kerr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 1995 19:58:45 -0800
It's been just a year since our beloved ferret Ellie died, at eight years.
Something that's helped me a great deal since then has been a photo memorial
we made soon after her death.  It's just one of those frames with about a
dozen openings of various shapes.  One hole has her name and dates of birth
and death, like on a tombstone.  Another two holes have her nicknames, and
some phrases we associated with her (like "Is Ellie safe?" and "Where is that
little no-goodnik?  I'm gonna get'er!") The rest are filled with favorite
photos.  It was very therapeutic to go through hundreds of photos choosing
the best ten or so.  The frame is over the telephone, so whenever I talk on
the phone (especially while "on hold") I can enjoy looking at it, and
remembering the fine years we had together.

Arlyn Kerr