From:
Jessica Branch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2013 07:31:34 +0000
One of my boys, George, has lymphosarcoma. He's 5 so when the doctor
said that he would need chemo, but it couldn't be cured my husband and
I made the decision to not do any chemo, but keep him happy and spoil
him rotten. He doesn't realise he is ill and is a happy active ferret.
His hind leg weakness means he can't climb as well as he could, but
we've lowered everything down and built him special ramps.

A month or so ago one of his lymph nodes has swollen up, and he keeps
scratching at it. We took him to the vets and they gave us a steroid
cream to put on it which made the swelling go down for a time, but it's
swelled back up. He's going in to have the lymph node removed Monday.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what we can do to get him
to stop scratching at it in the mean time? We tried putting a hoodie
on him, hoping it would stop him but he wiggled out of it. My
mother-in-law knit him a little tube like scarf to cover it, but
surprise, he wiggled out of that too. Currently he has an old t-shirt
and some gauze tied around his neck. He hasn't wiggled out of it, but
I'm not sure it's the best method. We just need to get through this
weekend!!

Sorry for the long winded question!!