From:
Jane Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:30:08 -0500
We had a sleeper sofa for years with our ferrets. I stapled an old
sheet on the bottom to prevent the ferrets from getting inside of it
that way. They had made their way into the arms and would dig out the
foam stuffing so I was also concerned about one of them eating the
foam when I fixed it. If you use a staple gun, you can easily attached
the sheet so the ferrets can't pull it loose.

We did have one accident involving the sofa and a ferret when my
husband lifted it so I could retrieve a toy. We thought all the ferrets
were out to the room. When he set the end of the sofa back down, Socks
was under it. One of the metal sides of the sleeper part came down on
his neck, breaking it and killing him. Needless to say my husband was
totally devastated. We learned the hard way not to just "think" about
ferrets but to actually check it out when they are in question!

Jane