From:
Kelleen & The INSANE 10 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 01:34:03 -0800
Why is it that some people feel the need to reem another who is just so
worried about a sick fert that she told us all about it??  Granted perhaps
she should have talked to the manager or something before coming to us but
was that such a crime?  Plus I am very confused as to why they would have a
ferret in with a rabbit under any circumstances.  Unless a rabbit has been
raised with ferrets from very young I would think they would be scared to
death of it.  The little rabbit I found sure as heck was scared of my
ferts!  I also don't feel a sick animal should be in with others of any
species if it is possibly contagious.  If the salesperson did overhear our
friend saying "Oh you poor thing you really are sick" then why didn't they
speak up and reassure the customer that the little fert was being properly
taken care of?

Oh well what I really wanted to say is this.  Why can't everyone just try to
be a bit nicer when they have something on the derogatory side to say?
Everything that was said in the post to this lady could have been done as if
being said to a friend rather than as if it was said to someone you either
hate or are mad at.  We need to remember that our common goal here is to
make sure ferrets everywhere are cared for and live wonderful lives.  That
is all the person was trying to say when she posted about the sick ferret.
She was upset and may not have chosen the words to say what she did that she
would choose now.  That DOES NOT mean we should come in guns ablazin' and
try to shoot her in the back for it.  'Nough said!  TNT!

*      Kelleen & the INSANE Animal House              *
*      President and Founder of F.A.N.G.              *
*      (Ferret Association of Neverending Glee)       *
*      405 S. Orchard   Boise, Idaho  83705           *
*   I'll take a good animal over a good mate anyday!  *
*   All they want is lots of love and great chow.     *
*         Idiocy is our only option!                  *
*     Dustin Hoffman from movie Outbreak              *

[Moderator's note: I haven't been giving this the attention I should - I
drove 500 miles in 24 hours and I'm falling asleep, but let's not turn this
into the flame of the week contest.  I think the intentions of all involved
were good and the posts, while perhaps not 100% benign, were a far cry from
a flame, in my opinion.  Let's not flame a person for opinions.  BIG]