From:
Karen Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:28:37 -0700
To Darla,
I am sorry you had to "air your dirty laundry" but thank you for giving
all of us readers your side of the story. From the first post I had
tried to reserve judgement because THERE IS ALWAYS TWO SIDES TO THE
STORY. I just wanted to thank you for letting us know your side so that
any posts from here on out *may* be fair in suggestions.

I empathize with you as I have been in somewhat the same position and I
praise you for your efforts both prior to and after the fact. My only
input that may be of any value is directed to both you and your soon
to be ex and is based soley on my situation. In all honesty which of
you is truly the ferret lover? In my case, it is me, without a doubt.
I realize in some cases it may be both which complicates who should
really take ownership. But please be grown up and compassionate enough
to not let the bitterness between you hoomans effect the well being of
the babies. From what I have read it would appear that you, Darla, were
the primary caregiver and are the true ferrent of the ferrets. This is
not to say that your soon to be ex did not care for them, just that he
was not able to keep them in the home they had been kept in prior to
the separation. If in fact you were the one* owned* by ferrets and
not your soon to be ex, I pray that they are returned to you.

I do hope that all involved honestly take a look at the whole picture
and evaluate the situation fairly. Sometimes, as it sounds from your
post, there is just no other alternative than to leave them but only
if their comfort can be provided for in the interum. My heart goes out
to whoever is actually missing from the bottom of their heart, their
little fuzzies and I will keep the fuzzies well being and the final
outcome in my prayers.

--
Karen Young
Ferret Affair