From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 1995 08:32:02 EDT
Well, my little Amelia has once again proved that she is an exceptionally
clever ferret-- not that I'm biased or anything.  It's simple what she
did, really, but in a way quite smart.  I had her in my office yesterday
(electrical work being done in home-- I had visions of Amelia waltzing up
to an electrician and offering to run wires through the wall for him) (and
elecrician freaking out and running away, since he's petrified of this
sweet little fuzzy thing).  When traveling, I carry food in a small
tupperware type container and use its lid as a food dish.  I put the lid
of food down on the floor in the middle of my office, and Amelia walked
over to it.  I expected her to start picking up food and stashing it under
the desk, but she had a better idea-- she carefully picked up the whole
lid, keeping her head high so that the food wouldn't slide off, and
carried the whole thing under the desk, where she then dumped all the food
out.  I honestly wouldn't have thought that she could make the connection
between carrying the food and moving the dish!  If they had opposable
thumbs, imagine what our homes would look like.....

Meg-- how could you tease us so??? Can you tell us about it after the
Independent Voice is published?  Could somebody else read it and tell
the rest of us?  ARGH!

Regina (my what a clever ferret, but now I have to crawl under the
desk to get all the food out before the cleaning person figures out
that I've been bringing pets to the office) and Amelia (if anybody
tried to rustle me, I'd pick up their car and hide them under the desk)