From:
BeOzIeCl ArSaSMT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:17:01 -0800
To All My Ferret Friends

I wanted to let you folks know that our beloved Wiley joined his 8
brothers and sisters at the bridge this morning at 6:00AM PT.  So this
morning he is playing and dooking with Bear, Bonnie, Boozer, Clyde,
Dharma, Stinkman, Sage and Tweeky.

He passed peacefully in his sleep and will get a warm bath, be blow dried
and prepared for his memorial box later this morning.  His 3 year battle
with Lymphosarcoma and Lymphoid Leukemia is finished and he is finally at
peace, flying & dooking high.

Late last night he started passing blood in his urine, so we knew that it
was close to the time he'd leave us.  He got loads of huggles and kisses.
Then I told him about all the wonderful things him, his brothers and
sisters and his new friends would do after he got there and let him know
if was OK to leave us, we told him about all his brothers and sisters
who were waiting for him, and that it was time to stop figthing and join
them.

This little guy was a true blessing to us.  He came to us almost 4 years
ago from a man who gave him up at the age of 3 1/2 or 4 years old.  He
was almost blind with cataracts, his hair was thinning from a very poor
diet, which consisted mainly of the large marshmallows, and he was ferret
anti-social because he couldn't see well.  When he got here, it was like
he had come home.  He never went through the normal adjustments that
other rescues go through, and we fell him love with him immediately.

This little silver mitt was a sweetheart and a half, he had many favorite
things to eat and loved his bag box that he filled with all his favorite
toys every day.  During his time here with us, he learned to eat plenty
of tasty treats, his favorites were N-Bones, Ferretone, Ferretvite,
cheerios, cucumber, Ferret Fruit Cakes, Marshmallow Cakes, and tiny
Marshmallows.  He would come running when you called his name and told
him it was mallow time, or treat time.  He didn't get many, but when he
did, watch out, did he get excited!

During the time after he was diagnosed, we gave him whatever he wanted to
eat within moderation since he was only given 2 months to live, but far
outlived that prognosis, and he seemed to thrive and was a very happy
ferret.  His sugar intake was moderated and he never developed a problem
with insulinoma and the only illness he ever suffered was the 2 that took
his life this morning.

He loved any and all squeak toys and plush toys.  This little love will
be greatly missed and remembered in our hearts and souls for the rest of
our lives.

Muldoone, Sandy, SaraFerret, please keep an eye out for our baby, make
sure he finds his friends and settles in nicely.  Muldoone, please teach
him about flannel raids as he is looking forward to them and let him know
when he has hammy hair as he was always a proud little guy.  Tell him we
love him and that he enriched our lives beyond words and give him a
special big hug from his "Humans".  Also, take him to the viewing pool
so he will know where to go to come visit us.