From:
"McLaughlin,Sharon;DSENPRS,LM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:22:00 DST
We've had a busy weekend.  We went to the Pet Adoption Day that the Ferret
Hollow (former Kista) shelter did in East Hanover, NJ this weekend.  We
fell in love with a few ferrets they brought with them.  We also realized
that We will never be able to adopt from a shelter because we live in a No
Pets apartment and the shelters check with the landlords.  (there is a no
pet policy, but tennants have dogs and cats that I have seen.  We keep our
bedroom door locked where they are when we are not home, so if any
emergency arises, the landlord will not be going into my bedroom.  Besides,
if it the ferrets or moving..  We WILL move!) We went to 6 different Pet
stores that has ferrets.  We found a Petland that had 4 ferrets hidden in
the back storage room.  They were 4 months old and Marshalls.  They were
hidden in the storage room because they said they are not allowed to keep
them out on the sales floor anymore.  We bought 2 of them.  Mystic and
Crystal.  That was Saturday.  Now the bad news.  Woobie (my 5 yr old) must
have gotten ECE from either the new ones or from us for playing with
Ferrets from 6 different stores.  Everyone else is well.  I am so worried.
I wanted to take him to the vet this morning but I couldnt miss work again.
I missed it on Friday (Thanks to Floyd!).  I have an appointment for 6:30
tonight with Dr. Kim at Ridgefield Park Anmial Hospital.  What are we doing
for ECE lately?  Still Antibiotics and Fluids?  Woobie had it once back
when I first got him.  I havent dealt with it since.  I will be making Duck
Soup when I get home.  Please keep him in your thoughts.  He is my first
and my very special little baby.  I don't know what I would do without him.

Sharon, Woobie and Princess..
Don't forget us new ones!  Mystic and Crystal
http://members.aol.com/smaccie/ferret.html