From:
John & Sandy Lazdins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 23:59:37 +0930
We had our second meeting tonight of the Strathalbyn Ferret Club and 2
questions came up that I hope somebody can answer for me.

1. Has anyone every tried Oil of Cloves to help stop ferrets biting. I know
a lot of you have used Bitter Apple but we can't get that here.  So it was
suggested that maybe oil of cloves would work - as it has a lasting taste
and the smell would be a pretty good reminder of the taste.  If anyone knows
of a reson why it shouldn't be used please let me know.

2. It was also bought up that ferrets shouldn't be fed mainly dry food - it
should only be fed in limited quantities because of the risk of bladder
stones or crystals.  Any thoughts on this would also be appreciated.  As my
lot are fed mainly Iams Kitten and so far I don't seem to have had any
troubles.  Or have I just been lucky.

Great to hear you are eating by yourself again Patches.

Health and happiness to all and your "Families"
Thanks in advance for your help
Sandy