From:
Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 01:34:44 EDT
Dear FMLers.

It has been a very messed up month around here.  We lost Morgan and have
another fret, Jackob in bad shape.

We were hit by the Klez virus and it was mailed in a blank ferret related
e-mail.  Yes we were infected.  Go to Downloads.com and get the free
killer program.  Run it thru at least three times.  I am online tonight
via a lap top but hope to have my desktop back online soon.  The hard
drive is locked up but Compaq has promised to send me a program to let me
retrieve my files.  I almost think it is a hard drive prob but it may be
just a program related item...I hope!!!

We lost Morgan who was a eight year old chocolate boy, originally from
Fresno Ca.  He had oral surgery to remove an infected tooth but it
developed into a tumor of the mouth.  We had to help him over the bridge
last Saturday.  He has been gone a week now and is greatly missed.

We have another fret with another nasty sore in his mouth.  What is this
some kind of epidemic?  Got him on Antibiotics with steroids.  Also have
him on Pepcid in case this is a stomach related ucler.  He seems to be
doing ok at present.  He is eating slop and taking the meds very well.
Poor lil guy.  He is about nine Y O as close as I can figger.  Another of
my Niece's "donations" to me about three years ago.

I have fifteen frets right now that are in the 7 to 10 age range.  Most
are doing great.  But there are at least two that have adrenal problems
but are too old for sugery.  Both are right at ten Y.O. or so.  I guess
I am doing pretty good with them but wished I could do more.  "Babies"
should live long lives!!!

OH B T W Mr. BoJangles, our under weight, adrenal fret is doing very good
at present.  No still can't get any weight on him but he is very active
and insists on going for walks with Popa to the living room to "hunt" for
pop corn kernals that someone didn't eat...LOL!!!  Yes Moma and Popa
"leave" some behind so Mr. Bo can "find" them...but no HE IS NOT SPOILED!!
He is just well loved is all!!!  After All It Is For The Ferrets!!!

Fred Hurd Reno, Nv.