From:
Diane at South Shore Ferret Care <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:39:51 +0000
Gosh, it's almost Thanksgiving....where did the summer go?

I'm still catching up on many overdue thank yous to everyone who helped
us with the Ferrets, Fellowship & Fun Day - Blessing of the Ferrets.

(April especially).

While it takes a conscious effort to bring to mind all of the things I
have to be thankful for during these "beyond challenging" times, each
blessing is no less so sweet.

While many shelters have no helping hands, I am blessed with angels who
come to the shelter week after week doing all the "glorious" jobs that
no one else sees, for nothing more than a heartfelt "thank you" and a
good feeling in their souls.

I am blessed with devoted foster parents who love and care for the
little ones who need a quieter setting outside the shelter.

They share the joys of gaining one ounce at a time, a good "poopie" as
well as the sorrows of losing them after pouring love into them day
after day. It never matters how long they have been in their care, the
knowing of the inevitable nor the suddeness of their departure.

It breaks their heart time after time, only having the honor of the
last one to cry over them and kiss them goodbye.

While it is a blessing and a burden that I have placed on myself, I am
amazed at their willingness to continue and open their hearts again.

While shelter moms and dads "Rock"!!

There is nothing more noble than the heart of a volunteer. Poop
scoopers and paper towels in hand they go into battle!

I thank goodness for them, SOS and all of you for being so kind to the
shelters this time of year and all year round.

I am way behind on getting my listings together for the Ferret Giving
Tree and that is my mission for the next few days as well, I will be
putting some items up to help out so please look for us on ebay under:
South Shore Ferret Care, Wonderful Weasel Laundry Soap, and Dry Dook
Soup.

I try to be a blessing to someone else in return. That in itself is not
always easy to do. Instead of a lunch hour today, I am off to meet a
friend and fellow ferret mom, to hold her hand while she has to let her
first ferret go to the bridge. I still feel humbled to be there for a
tear and a last good bye. Release and relief.

We cannot even give this blessing to our fellow humans, while very sad,
it is a comfort to relieve this little gal from her suffering and hug
her mom for years of love she gave to her.....

Sincerely,
Diane W.
Diane Wall - South Shore Ferret Care