From:
Kelley & Jeff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 May 2005 15:32:00 -0400
On Friday, Jeff and I adopted our sixth fuzzy --Daisy.  She is
approximately six months old and was returned to the pet store from which
she was bought.  The reason was that the owners are moving and can't take
her.  While that may be true, I feel that the real reason may be that she
is possibly deaf.  (Still trying to do some testing at home to determine
for sure.) She has many of the typical WS traits.

Her deafness will be no problem with us.  Our Shadow is deaf and is
almost four years old.  She is one of the sweetest ferrets we have ever
been owned by.  Being relatively new ferret owners at the time, we did
not realize that she was deaf for several months.  She was never a biter,
never misbehaved (well....except for the occasional surprise left next
to the litter box!) and was never mistreated in any way.

I hope that Daisy's first owners did not mistreat her, but she also shows
no signs of bitiness or abuse.  I'm just glad that she found her way to
us.  She'll be spoiled and loved.

Kelley and Jeff
Loving Bailey, Shadow, Bear, Sammy, Justin and now Daisy
Missing Ben, Jerri, Hersey, Casper, Felix and Oscar