From:
Sharon Pease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 16:11:59 EDT
Hi everyone,

Thanks Alicia, for getting this information on here.  I'd tried several
times to get on the PC to send it and something else always needed doing.
E-mails that take most people a few minutes to type, seem to take me an
hour!

A little correction about the ferret picnic we're having here in upstate
NY.  Shelters and clubs represented are; "WNYFLFA", "FFUNY", "Ferret Farm",
and "Obediah's".

Picnic will be at Northampton Park's "ski lodge", Brockport, NY, from
12:00 - 6:00.  Food off the grill at 2:00.

Members of these clubs will attend as a benefit of their membership.
Nonmembers are asked for a $5.00 donation and a dish to pass.  The proceeds
from the donations will be used to off set the expense of the lodge rental.
Any left over funds, if any, will be divided equally between the shelters
that are represented.

RSVP's should go to Sue Winter @ (716) 223-9106.  Please include the number
of people attending and what dish you plan to bring.  Sue is coordinating
the dishes in the hopes of avoiding 20 macaroni salads :)~

Dr. Edwards (the bestest ferret vet), of Brockport Animal Hospital, is kind
enough to host a question and answer period which will follow the hot dogs
and hamburgers which are being grilled by Mary (the bestest ferret vet
tech).  Ferrets are, of course, welcome.  Please be sure to bring a tote /
cage for them to nap in with food and plenty of water from home.  We don't
want any tummy upsets from an unfamiliar water source.

It's going to be tons of fun with raffles, auctions and contests.  Cup
tipping & tube races are the features.

We won't be doing the potted plant digging this year.  The last year we
held it, the winner was to be judged by which ferret unpotted the plastic
plant in the shortest period of time.  Would you believe the little boogers
refused to dig?  Apparently, they didn't like the plastic plant and would
only dig once we'd removed it.  So the winner turned out to be the ferret
wearing the most dirt.

Hope to see lots of you there!  We anticipate a pretty large turn out.
This is our biggest event of the year and attendance usually ranges from
60 - 80+ people.

It looks like the weather is going to be pretty perfect as well, forecast
is 65 - 70 degrees and mostly sunny.  This is the Rochester area, so the
fun is guaranteed, the weather is not.....

Sharon
President / Shelter Operator
WNYFLFA