From:
"R. Worthing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 19:40:40 -0800
Dear FMLer's,

I know this is OT because it has to do with cats, but I know many people
on this list are owned by cats as well as fuzz butts...

Below is a copy of the letter I sent to the many cat lovers that I
personally know... Please feel free to cut/paste and mail it to people
you know...

This is important... just as important as if it was affecting ferrets!

Thanks,
Renee

[Moderator's note: There have been reports of this product adversely
affecting ferrets as well.  I haven't seen it first-hand so these reports
should perhaps be considered as anecdotal, but caution is often strongly
advised when using "over the counter" flea products, regardless.  BIG]

  -------------

Dear Friends and Family,

I have just learned that Hartz Advanced Flea and Tick drops are
responsible for an estimated 960 cases of death or severe neurological
damage in cats!  There was a news expose in S. California and in Austin,
TX.  I did some Internet research myself.  It seems that it's true!  I
am appalled and heartbroken that cats are suffering and/or DYING because
of this product.  I despise "chain mail" but this is an exception because
it's TRUE!  I encourage you to check out the following websites...

http://www.thecomplaintstation.com/h/hartz_toc.htm#00000003
http://www.pandecats.com/x/hartz_warning_update.htm
http://home.austin.rr.com/olbaid/riley/

Or send a letter of complaint to Hartz by accessing their website at:
http://www.hartz.com/

Please, do NOT use this product on your cat or kitten!!

Futhermore, I encourage you to FORWARD this letter to EVERYONE in your
address book but PLEASE, respect others email address PRIVACY.  Here is
how you do it----

Hit the FORWARD button.  In the TO: line, put your OWN ADDRESS... in the
BCC: line (that stands for "blind carbon copy"), put the address of all
your recipients.  You will get a copy of the letter back since you are
sending it to yourself.  Your recipients will also receive the letter but
the addresses of other recipients will be "invisible" thus protecting
everyone.

Thank you!

For the Cats,
Renee