From:
debi sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2011 05:50:42 -0700
Every day I call my boyfriend during lunch to see how the furkids are
doing. He tells me I recieved a call from someone who trapped a ferret
in a Have-A-Heart Trap by their wood pile and could I please call them
when I get home from work.

(Please keep in mind that it states on my website on the home home that
for now I am NOT taking in surrenders, ONLY emgenecies from NJ Fish &
Wildlife and I DO refer people to other rescues who can help.)

I get home from work, eat dinner (always do this 1st as I'm
Hypoglycimic) the call the person who called me in the morning. A
gentleman named Jeff answered the phone and proceeds to tell me abut
this ferret. He explains that his neighbor up the street has ferrets
aand is remodeling their home and asked another nieghbor to take care
of the ferret till the work is done. Jeff asked the one neighbor if the
ferret was his and the nieghbr stated NO. Jeff called Animal Control
and stated because it was a ferret, it wasn't their problem. Jeff kept
the ferret in the trap over night but gave it food, water, something
to sleep in and covered the cage to keep it warm that night. After
Jeff had called my home the follwing morning his child put his finger
through the wire whereas the ferret clamped down on his childs finger.
He stated local doctor would see the bite so he took his child to the
hospital to have the bite looked at, cleaned and "xrayed" just incase
the ferret left a "tooth" behind. Then he called animal control again
and told them NOW they have a problem as the ferret animal control
would take BIT his child. The AC "now" came to get this little ferret
and have it in quarrenteen for 10 days. I explained to Jeff that
because his child had done done the oposite of a majore rule when it
comes to animals you don't know, he signed this babies death warrent.
After the 10 day quarrentine with no symptoms showing of rabies, this
angel will be destroyed and tested only to find that it is NOT
possitive for Rabies!

Why is it that today parrents STILL neglect to teach their children
never to touch, pet or stick fingers in cages of animals they DON'T
know. Because of the parrents' carelessness, this little ferret is
going to die un-neeedlessly. It just BURNS the hide off me!!

I'm requesting this is advance, could one of the Bridge Greeters
please greet this baby on September 5th-6th as I know it will have
been PTS by then.

Thanks,
Debi