From:
Joan Vick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2008 12:15:42 -0400
Hi Gordon!

I'd post this to the FML too but I have trouble sending it from my 10+
year old computer, still on AOL 5.0. It 'spits' it back to me!
(I'll send this to BIG too, maybe he can post it for me..:))
[Done, obviously. BIG]

Anyway...what works for me is...if the furniture it not a real
expensive piece, go to a garage sale, thrift store, ect. Buy a fitted
furniture cover and cover the couch well, tuck in corners, and then
with a staple gun, staple ALL around the top edge of the skirt, just
before the part that hangs down. (can't think of what its called)
Looks very neat too. As for keeping them out of digging at the
bottom (underneath), buy a piece of heavy canvas material, and cut to
size, and again, staple all around the bottom. This method has kept
my 'problem child' out of my couch for over a year now. To wash it,
you have to pull it all off again, so I keep washable blankets on the
couch. OR...buy all Mission style furniture! With a wood frame..no
where for ferret to get into! :)

Joan and the Fuzzies...(Ha! I out smarted Lacy!!!)
owned by ferrets since 1977!