From:
Elizabeth Draus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 1996 19:08:13 -0400
Hello, happy people!

I've been told before that ferts could crawl into any space that's an inch
or bigger, but I just didn't credit it.  Today, however, I had to realize
the truth when Chloe proved it to me!

The "Ferret Room" is the den.  It's the room I always let them play in, and
the most ferret-proofed room in the house.  At least, I thought it was!

We have a TV in that room on a TV stand. Behind the TV is nothing but
wires--naturally interesting to a ferret! The TV stand is about 1.5" off the
ground--1" if you take the carpet into account. The back is blocked off on
both sides. The two ferts usually devote a lot of time attempting to crawl
behind there.

Today, however, Chloe thought up a new tactic.  She discovered that if she
wriggled **under** the TV stand, she could gain access to the back.  I
happened to glance toward the TV and I saw the hind end of a ferret!!  Boy,
do I feel sheepish.

For now, I've stuffed a box lid under the stand. But I know that won't hold
them!! Any ideas?

TTFN!!

Liz and
The Sable Sisters