From:
Sandra Possin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 20:23:29 -0700
Hi,

I have been noticing that there is another Sandra on this mailing List.  I
have decided to put sandra p. for my name, just so everyone knows who I am.

Anyway.  I wanted to let all of you know what happened yesterday.  I was
informed about a lady who had two ferrets but didn;t want them.  The vet
told me that she wanted them to be put to sleep if she couldn;t find anyone
who wanted them.  I got her number and gave her a call.  She said that I
could come over right away and pick them up.  So I get there and she showed
me the fuzzies.  The vet had told me that they were in bad health, but I
really didn;t expect for it to be that bad.  They were in a bird cage (14x14
inches) there was an old towel on the floor.  They were sleeping in their
own poop, because they had no other place to go.  It was so sad!  I picked
both of them up and they just looked horrible.  Part of their fur is missing
(the vet said that it probably isn;t cancer, I suspect the poop and urine
did that).  They both started licking my face and they seemed so happy that
someone finally payed some attention to them.  Of course I told the lady
that I would take them.  She was just so stupid (boy do I hope she doesn;t
subscribe to this newsgroup!).  When I had a closer look at the cage I
noticed that they didn't have any food or water in there.  When I asked her,
she said that she forgot about the water and pointed out some caned dog food
that was in the middle of the poop.  Anyway, I was so mad!  I gave her the
200 buck for the ferrets that she wanted (they weren't worth it, but I
really wanted to save them (oh well, there goes the new outfit I wanted)).
Then I took them straight to the vet.  He did some test, but the results
aren';t back yet.  I really hope they are okay!  I though I was going to
have a really hard time with the ferrets, especially feeding them their
medicine, but when I took them home, I gave them REAL food and water and
they just took the medicine right out of hand (I put some Ferretone on it!).
Their backs are a rally weird shape (arched) because of the small cage and
they are really really skinny.  I am just so glad that I will be able to
take care of them for ever and ever... and they never have to go back to
that lady!!!!!!!!