Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 23:06:17 -0500
Hi Bill & the List
I am kinda in panic mode, our Oscar seems to be losing weight, in the
last three days he has been sleeping a lot, still drinking, eating, but
eating less and seems to be warmer then usual.  Eyes are bright but he
has no energy and today he kinda staggered a bit.  Poops seem okay but
small, I guess cause he's not eating.

I am kinda leaning toward insulinoma, but he is only seven or eight
months old.  He was a foster from our local pet store with his brother,
both were very sick and just bags of little bones.  The other boy did
not make it unfortunately.  Oscar had a prolapse rectum at the time (its
fine now) and he has a serious under bite (hope I got that right) his
bottom fangs stick out further then his top fangs and he has two
permanent holes in his top lip where his fangs fit.

There seems to be no hair loss, his tummy seems soft as usual and his
gums are quite pink.  But he does have me worried, my other problem is
that the best ferret vet is about an hour away.  My local vet knows
basics re ferret care, but either calls or sends me to this other vet if
she feels she isn't sure of something.  Should I take Oscar to my local
vet for a blood workup and go from there.  Any other ideas on what this
could be.  Our other four ferts seems fine, although I have put Oscar in
a smaller cage by himself as they seem to want to pick on him at the
moment and he wont fight back.

thanks guys...take care.....Jaine

Mudder & the Orillia Kids......Sam, Molly, George, Oscar & Tigger