From:
richard r stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:24:25 -0700
dooks all

condolences to all with missing or sick bundles of fur.

i had a close call over the weekend i found a piece of soft rubber that
my kids were chewing on and got very worried for dear of blockage.(thank
you Ron for your help and support) i watched them closely for almost 36
hours.  and I'm happy to report they are safe, happy, healthy, and
playing.

also i thought i would list again some of the things i use for my kids
for general cleaning the best thing I've found is natures miracle it gets
up mess I've used it on and you spay it were the mess was and let it dry
and it will remove any smell that would attract the little #$^% back to
that spot again.

for bedding aside from hammies, sleep sacks i use pet fresh (shredded
paper) on the bottom of the cage it gives them something soft to lay on.
on hot days or if they don't want to be to fare from the bathroom.  and i
use barn dry in the litter box these are wood pellets (similar to the
ones in stoves)but these are treated so that they absorb moister they
then swell up and turn to saw dust and best of all it even eliminates the
smell you would have to get into the box to detect any oder of poop.  the
barn dry comes in a 40LB bag for about $3 to $5.00 and last me about 2
mouths.  hope this helps a few of you .

p.s.  when i had my pogo cremated my vet went though a pet cemetery in
Aberdeen WA it only cost me $40.00 with 4 days freezer use.

rich samantha & barnaby & the ghost of pogo