From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2009 00:20:44 -0500
Dear Sue and David,

Sorry for taking so long on Winchesters greeting, but things have been
mightily busy up here these past few weeks! I was woken early this
morning by not only Hobbes, but my brother Obi too. In case you've
never heard of him, he's one of the fuzzits that is in charge of
teaching little kits how to fly. He has these huge, handsome looking
crme and gold wings and he wear's a bomber jacket, a long red scarf,
and a vintage aviation helmet, complete with goggles! I love to go out
there in the spring time and sit for hours and watch those cute little
fuzzies, with those tiny, adorable wings, learn how to fly. T

I slowly unrolled the scroll and saw that it was one of the McKids that
would be arriving here. A rather large fellow it seems, because he was
described as, "This charming, sweet fellow is built like a concrete
block with fur, short stumpy legs and he waddles", I had to laugh,
because if I hadn't know better, I could have sworn they had just
described Obi to me. Now you have to picture this, the whole time I am
reading the scroll, Obi is bouncing all over the place and saying in a
sing-song voice, "He's getting his wings right awayyyyyyy, The Big Guy
said he gets to work with meeeeee!!" , this was shortly followed by
him breaking out in full musical mode and he begins singing "I'm So
Excited" by the Pointer Sisters. Hobbes just shook his head and walked
away, and I waited patiently for the big ending before we set off to
pick up a few well known faces along the way.

The first place we stopped was Hammie Haven. It's this HUGE place where
every sort of hammie and sleepy sack one can imagine is hanging. The
nice thing is, we never run out of room to add more, and each and every
one of these beauties is hand made from the heart, and very much like
the room called "The Warm Spot" because they all smell just like home.
There we found Zebby, who was not only sharing a large, economy-sized
hammie, with Angel, Ginger, Cher and Fluffy, but a light blue blanket
as well. They looked so sweet all in one huge, comfy pile, that I
nearly climbed right in with them, but instead I watched as one by one
they opened their eyes and in unison they all said, "It's Winchester."
and then one by one they all got out and encircled me.

"So your one of the new Greeters huh?", asked Ginger,

"Yeah, I'm the new guy." I said in that aw-shucks kinda way.

"How many greetings ya done so far?", asked Zebby

"Gosh, I don't know, about a dozen or more I reckon." I said.

"Cool then, let's get on our way, we still need to find our beloved
leader of the Winchester Weezil Group and Mr. P. too!", said Angel

And then we were off like a business of ferrets!!!!! Our next stop was
the The Butterfly Field. It's this place that is full of tall meadow
grass and wild flowers, and sneaky ferrets who like using it for
stashing their very best of goodies, and waiting at it's gates were
Dweezil and Mr. P. They were just hanging out there waiting for us with
big grins on their faces, and of course there was much rejoicing and
catching up on things, and there was some dooking and some war dancing
before we finally left for the Bridge.

It doesn't matter where we are on this side of the Bridge, if someone
we love is on their way, we know it, and will eventually come together
in order to be there for them as they arrive. For me, as a Bridge
Greeter, being among large groups of fuzzits, such as this, well they
always makes me feel so welcomed among them, like I'm part of their
family as well. I may have never met them before, but each and everyone
of them is so full of life and love that they make you feel like you
belong, and even when a fuzzit crosses that may not have had a large
family, others will come to be there to greet him or her, because no
one is ever alone here.

When we arrived at the Bridge, I could see a well trodden path led up
to and away from the Bridge. It was softly glowing and I could hear the
clack, clack of hoof beats and the next thing we knew, Molly Moonbeam (
who is very well known as well loved around here) came across with this
stout, brick like ferret on her back. We could all hear Winchester "woo
hooing" , and having a great old time as they came over. When she came
to a stop, she gently laid down to let Winchester off and for him to
take the large saddle bags from her back as well. Well everyone crowded
in and around him and hugged and sniffed and dooked and did all of
those fun ferret things, and then Winchester opened up the saddled bags
and doled out treats, tubes and sleepy sacks to everyone and let them
know that they had all been lovingly made and packed by Dad.

Obi then spoke up and asked for everyone's attention. He then took off
his helmet and took from it a very small, dark coloured pouch and then
he walked over to Winchester and said, "The Big Guy asked me to give
these to you on his behalf." and he opened the pouch and held it over
Winchesters back and out drifted these tiny, little, blue feathers. We
all watched as they gently fell across Winchesters back and then as
they grew into these huge, gorgeous, royal blue wings. He then took out
a small scroll from his jacket and handed it over to Winchester and
said, "These are your orders Winchester, like the wings, they come from
the Big Guy.", and Winchester open his orders and found, that like with
Obi, he would be teaching kits how to fly - well, he will be teaching
them to fly as soon as he gets to learn how to use *his* new wings!!!

He wanted me to tell his dad that he was glad that he was not alone
when he left, but that he was sad that he had not been able to be there
to say goodbye to his mom, but that he will always love you and will be
waiting for the both of you, and until then, he as well as Zebby, Angel
Dweezil, Ginger, Mr. P., Cher, Fluffy, and the lovely Molly Moonbeam,
will be looking over the both of you each and every night at the
Viewing Pool sending to you all the love they have to give.

In Love & In Comfort,
Pie O' Pah