From:
Derek & Amy Flemming - Flemming Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 08:45:26 -0400
It is with a heavy heart that I inform this list that I must sell all of
my ferrets.  I have been granted a work visa in Australia and unfortunately
cannot take my beloved ferrets with me.  This is a move that I anticipated
two years down the line - not now.  This is one of the hardest choices I
have had to make.  A few of my ferrets will be retained by my family and
a few others will be retained by them to send over to Australia when they
announce the importation decision in August (hopefully).  If the
importation will not allow US ferrets in or the quarantine time is too
harsh, then they will be placed as well.  Please understand that NONE of
my ferrets will be turned into a shelter due to our move.  We will
personally place them all prior to our departure.

We will have many of our ferrets available at the ferret show in Michigan
this coming Saturday (June 5th).

Included in the ferrets that need to be placed is my beloved boy that I got
from Sam Young in New Zealand.  He will be sold on an alter contract ONLY
unless the breeding rights are approved by Sam, which I will contact her
about.  The sale will be approved by Sam as well.  The same goes for
another boy that I have purchased from a private breeder as well.

Our breeder ferrets will go to approved breeders only.  Ferrets that will
not be sold as breeders will be sold with strict alter contracts.

The ferrets we have in our shelter are the following:

Snow White - Albino MF 1-2 year old.  Gets along great with other ferrets,
dogs, cats, and kids.  Can be a face nipper if you don't watch out!  Knows
her manners if enforced.  Experienced ferret home only.  Altered &
descented.  $75 adoption fee.

Summer - Pretty sable 2 year old.  Summer was a breeder turn in and may
have whelped a litter or two.  She comes from private lines of Unique
Impressions/Checker Farms.  She is shy at first, but very active when out
of her shell.  She is very sweet.  Gets along well with other ferrets.
Altered, not descented.  $75 adoption fee.

Missy - 2 year old roan silver mitt.  Missy was a breeder turn in and may
have whelped a litter or two.  She comes from private lines of Unique
Impressions/Checker Farms.  She MAY be slightly mentally handicapped, but
does not show consistent signs of it.  Gets along good with other ferrets
after initial establishments are made.  Needs more work on muscle build
up (was neglected prior to WWFR arrival).  Experienced ferret home only.
Altered, not descented.  $75 adoption fee.

Jughead - 4-5 year old light silver/chocolate roan (hard to tell as he is
really yellow still).  A breeder turn in that comes from private lines of
Unique Impressions/Checker Farms.  A very sweet and gentle ferret that
gets along well with others.  He is working on building his muscle tone
back (was neglected prior to WWFR arrival).  Older ferret experienced home
only - may have additional health problems.  Only eats DIAMOND PROFESSIONAL
CAT FOOD.  Altered, not descented.  $55 adoption fee.

Dakota - 2 year old sable mitt "wannabe".  A breeder turn in that comes
from private lines of Unique Impressions/Checker Farms.  Dakota is very
playful and very much a people ferret.  He is an escape artist and very
inquisitive.  He gets along well with ferrets.  Altered, not descented.
$75 adoption fee.

Buddy - 2 year old cinnamon/champagne with a funny personality.  A breeder
turn in that comes from private lines of Unique Impressions/Checker Farms.

Buddy has a "mama's boy" personality and loves to be snuggled as well as a
good game of romp!  Gets along great with other ferrets.  Altered, not
descented.  $75 adoption fee.

Simba - 4-5 year old cinnamon/champagne.  A breeder turn in that comes
from private lines of Unique Impressions/Checker Farms.  Simba is blind,
although cataracts are very undetectable - if there at all.  He also has a
mast cell tumor on his side.  He gets around fine as long as the room is
not re-arranged.  Very gentle boy that loves other ferrets - must go to
multi-ferret/older ferret experienced home for this reason - may have
additional health problems!  Only eats DIAMOND PROFESSIONAL CAT FOOD.
Altered, not descented.  $55 adoption fee.

The jills we have available are:

DAF Zodiac NZ - Beautiful chocolate point New Zealand imported 3.5 year old
retired breeder.  Zoey is a very loving girl & gets along with other
ferrets.  Great with kids!  Sold on an alter contract only.  $100

DAF Pandora's Box NZ - Beautiful chocolate point New Zealand imported 3.5
year old retired breeder.  Dora is a very busy and active girl.  She has a
wonderful temperament and is great with kids.  Sold on an alter contract
only.  Available after kits are weaned.  $100

DAF Norma Jean - Very striking medium silver 2 year old.  Has DEW/Sable
background.  Jean has produced beautiful kits this year with her first
breeding.  Produced three silvers, a sable & a black mitt.  She is an
excellent mum with an exceptional temperament and conformation.  Available
after kits are weaned.  $125

DAF Pandemonium NZ - Very striking chocolate point 100% New Zealand 1 year
old.  Mona is a wonderful mum and will adopt anything.  She has chocolate
point/chocolate point background.  Mona must go to a ferret experienced
home.  Available after kits are weaned.  $150

DAF Chardonnay - Char is a very sweet chocolate point 3/4 New Zealand 1
year old.  She is a wonderful mum that produced chocolate point and
champagne when crossed with cinnamon/champagne.  Char's background is
chocolate point/albino.  She is a climber and loves to jump off things onto
unsuspecting passerby's!  Char does not like some men.  Available after
kits are weaned.  $150

DAF Moria - Sweet, but shy 1 year old sable.  Moria was going to be used in
our breeding program, but thought she would make a better pet.  She plays
well with other ferrets and loves stuffed toys.  Altered, not descented.
$125

DAF Rhoda - Very pretty, solid 1 year old sable girl.  Rhoda was going to
be used in our breeding program, but thought she would make a better pet.
A "little miss attitude" that plays well with other ferrets and loves
brooms!  Altered, not descented.  $125

The hobs we have available are:

Germany's Roliver Beethoven of RR - Beautiful cinnamon German imported 3
year old.  Roliver is a very sweet boy.  He loves to play and he does a
wonderful impersonation of a "bear cub" by sitting up on his hind end.
He has been used for breeding with very beautiful get, but would make a
wonderful only ferret pet.  Roliver does not get along with other ferrets -
this may change after neutering.  Roliver will be sold on an alter contract
only - unless breeder approval is granted by Rainbow River Ferretry.
Inquire about price.

DAF Incognito NZ - Very striking cinnamon 1.5 year old hand picked New
Zealand import.  Full brothers to Bob Church's Tui.  Neet continues to do
well in the show ring and has sired his first litter of kits (looks to be
all sable).  He has albino/ dark sable background and is 1/4 polecat.  Neet
will be sold on an alter contract only - unless breeder approval is granted
by Sam Young in New Zealand.  Inquire about price.

DAF Russian Roulette - Rolly is a very sweet chocolate point 3/4 New
Zealand 1 year old.  His background is chocolate point/albino.  Rolly LOVES
squeaky toys!  Rolly is a very busy ferret and is an excellent breeding and
show prospect.  $150

TCF Bottle Rocket of DAF - Rocket is a very sweet black mitt 1 year old
bred by The Clay Ferret.  He is 5/8 German with a very strong black mitt
background.  He produced some very nice kits this year including three
silvers, a sable and a black mitt (with perfect mitts!).  Rocket will be
sold on an alter contract only - unless breeder approval is granted by
The Clay Ferret.  Inquire about price.

DAF Kodiac Bear - Kodi is a very striking sable point 1/2 New Zealand 10
month old.  He was the only kit in the litter and was hand raised by us
from a bottle.  He has sable/chocolate point background and is an excellent
breeding and show prospect and would be a wonderful pet.  $125

Little Trimmer AUS of DAF - Trimmer is a very big and beautiful 8 month
old roan sable mitt hand picked Australian import. He is a very smart and
active boy that is an excellent breeding and show prospect and would be a
wonderful pet.  His background is light roan sable mitt/sable.  $200

Wizard of OZ AUS of DAF - Ozzy is a very big and beautiful 8 month old
roan sable mitt hand picked Australian import.  He is a very smart and
active boy that is an excellent breeding and show prospect and would be
a wonderful pet.  His background is light roan sable mitt/sable.  $200

Larikkin Mate AUS of DAF - Larikkin is a very big and beautiful 8 month
old roan sable mitt hand picked Australian import. He is a very smart and
active boy that is an excellent breeding and show prospect and would be a
wonderful pet.  His background is light roan sable mitt/sable.  $200

Fremantle Doctor AUS of DAF - Doc is a very light silver 7 month old hand
picked Australian import.  He is a very smart and active boy that is an
excellent breeding and show prospect and would be a wonderful pet.  His
background is light silver/cinnamon.  $200

Kits we have soon available are:

Litter # 1 - Silver hob, sable point jill, sable mitt hob - these kits
were born April 26, 1999.  They will be available after June 21, 1999.
These kits are 5/16 German and 11/16 American.  They are showing signs
of wonderful temperaments and beautiful markings.  They have what it takes
to make it as a show ferret, a breeder and most importantly a wonderful
pet!  These kits are by TCF Bottle Rocket of DAF (very sweet black mitt
5/8 German with a very strong black mitt background bred by The Clay
Ferret) and out of DAF Norma Jean (very striking medium silver with
DEW/Sable background with an exceptional temperament and conformation).
These kits are $125 each.

Litter # 2 - 5 chocolate point hobs and 3 chocolate point jills - these
kits were born May 4, 1999.  They will be available after June 29, 1999.
These kits are 1/2 German and 1/2 New Zealand.  They will have striking
color and personalities!  They are excellent show and breeding prospects!
These kits are by Germany's Roliver Beethoven of RR (beautiful and sweet
cinnamon German import) and out of DAF Pandora's Box NZ (beautiful and
wonderfully temperamented chocolate point New Zealand).  These kits are
$125 each.

Litter # 3 - 4 chocolates/chocolate points and 2 champagnes - these kits
were born May 13, 1999.  They will be available after July 8, 1999.  These
kits are 1/2 German, 3/8 New Zealand and 1/8 American.  They will have
striking color and personalities!  They are excellent show and breeding
prospects!  These kits are by Germany's Roliver Beethoven of RR (beautiful
and sweet cinnamon German import) and out of DAF Chardonnay (very sweet
chocolate point 3/4 New Zealand with chocolate point/albino background).
These kits are $125 each.

Litter # 4 - 6 chocolates/chocolate points & sables - these kits were born
May 21, 1999.  They will be available after July 16, 1999.  These kits
are 100% New Zealand (1/8 of that being polecat).  They will have striking
color and personalities!  They are excellent show and breeding prospects!
These kits are by DAF Incognito NZ (very striking cinnamon hand picked
New Zealand import with albino/dark sable background and is 1/4 polecat)
and is out of DAF Pandemonium NZ (very striking chocolate point 100% New
Zealand with a chocolate point/chocolate point background that will adopt
anything - her brother is a consistent winner in the siamese/point classes
in all show standards).  These kits are $125 each.

Litter # 5 - 2 chocolate/chocolate points - these kits were born May 21,
1999.  They will be available after July 16, 1999.  These kits are 100%
New Zealand.  They will have striking color and personalities!  They are
excellent show and breeding prospects!  These kits are by DAF Nickelodeon
NZ (very striking chocolate point 100% New Zealand with a chocolate
point/chocolate point background - his brother is a consistent winner in
the siamese/point classes in all show standards) and out of DAF Zodiac NZ
(beautiful chocolate point New Zealand import with beautiful kits, grand
kits and great grand kits).  These kits are $125 each.

If you have any questions regarding the ferrets above, please e-mail me
directly at [log in to unmask]

Amy Flemming

Flemming Farms - Michigan, USA
Breeding for Quality Ferrets
American, Australian, German, and New Zealand bloodlines
Come see us at http://www.geocities.com/heartland/ranch/9521

Weasel Watchers Ferret Rescue - Michigan, USA
Helping Needy Weasels
Come see us at http://www.geocities.com/petsburgh/zoo/2690

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism"