From:
"March, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 20:53:59 -0700
OK all you weasel maniacs, time for some *fun*!

While surfing the California Fish&Game web page, I came across the following
little gem in the "enforcement" section:

>CalTIP

>CalTIP---Californians Turn in Poachers and Polluters

>The CalTIP Program is a joint effort between the non-profit organization,
>CalTIP, Inc., and the Department of Fish and Game, to engage citizen
>assistance in apprehending poachers and polluters.  The Department operates
>a 24-hour hotline, 1-800-952-5400, and dispatches a warden, if available,
>to the reported violation in progress.  CalTIP, Inc., subsequently reviews
>the case reports on a quarterly basis and provides a cash reward to the
>reporting party, if requested.  To date, over $100,000 in rewards have been
>paid out by the program.

So I called it.  Sure enough, they take ferret tips...a "fair" number,
according to the minion I got on the other end.  I didn't ask if we were
poachers or polluters...mostly neigbor turn-ins, as I suspected.

That's right, happy weaseling legions!  It's PHONE WAR TIME!  It'll probably
work nationwide, if we're lucky mebbe Canada too...somebody re-post this to
rec.pets.ferrets or wherever.

Go rent the movie "Jerky Boys" for fun ideas...remember, this is an EIGHT
HUNDRED number, it's CHEAP fun!  Better yet, see if you can get a fert to
dook into the mouthpiece...

Almost forgot...they also had this huge list (75ish entries) of
Compuserve adresses of F&G personnel, which suggests all kinds of neat
activities.  EMail me for that list, I'm processing it for easier use,
but I won't hog FML with it.

[Modertator's note: While I'm not by any means suggesting that harassment
of this nature is the way to proceed, I do feel the need to point out that
if you call an 800 number the person you called has your number.  It doesn't
matter if you're listed or unlisted, if you block CallerId or not - the
rules for 800 numbers have always been different.  BIG]