From:
Monica Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 22:12:08 PST
Hi everyone, best wishes to all the fuzzies and their humans.

Just wanted to let everyone know of Slinky's situation.  The doc had to
postpone the start of her chemo treament until Saturday am.  That's ok,
that way I'll have all weekend to keep an eye on her and make sure there
are no problems.

Slinky is doing great, takes her meds only if mixed with soft food.  The
doc said that was ok as long as she took them.

On a different note, Yuki is starting to grow fur on her bottom.  I was so
surprised.  I was giving her some ferretone tonight as a treat and as I
was putting her down I did a quick check on her bum since she was probably
going to need adrenal surgery again because of a bald bum and tail.

Much to my surprise to see fur, lots and lots of short little hairs.  This
is so great!  I don't know if it's a combination of better food and
supplements or she's not stressed any longer or what.  I'm just so happy.
I'm not ruling out surgery though.  Don't want to sacrifice her health just
because her fur is coming back in.  The doc sent in a blood sample to have
it checked for adrenal but the results haven't come back in yet.

I'm going to take Yuki in Saturday along with Slinky to have the doc take a
look at her.  Just want to be sure.

Please keep both of my little girls in your thoughts and prayers on
Saturday morning.

Monica