From:
Shawn and Lori <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 14:14:00 -0700
Hi All!

Thank you for all the supportive emails I have personally received and
the posts on the FML regarding our problem.  My husband and I have
decided on a certain coarse of action of which we would like to make you
aware.

I have researched tenants rights in North Carolina, and there is nothing
there to help us like there is in other states.  Although some of you
may think this a weak decision, we will not be able to get a lawyer due
to financial reasons; even the low-cost and pre-paid lawyers we have
considered are not willing to accept such a dificult case.  We will be
contacting all local media starting Monday to spread the word of this
outrage; that is really the only constructive thing we know to do right
now.  Meanwhile, we will be looking for another place to live.  It is
difficult to locate low-income housing that will accept ferrets, but we
are going to try; we will move even if we can't find a ferret-friendly
residence, because we just want to be away from under the cruel hand of
the apartment manager group which has torn apart our family - This really
isn't home anymore.  We want to move nearer family in Franklin, North
Carolina; if you know anyone there that has property for rent in town and
could be persuaded to allow ferrets in, even on a trial basis, please let
us know.  Franklin is located in the WNC mountains about 20 minutes from
Georgia and a bit over an hour to Tennessee where HWY 401 and 64 cross.

We have put off the time when Linda and Jane will come get the little
ones, because my mother is bringing her video camera over this weekend
from Franklin to take videos of them for me; just pictures don't do much
good when you can't see the pictures, while video gives more of an
atmosphere and records the weasel noises as well.

Pray for us humans, our ferrets and the Dook-N-Dance shelter that will
be taking our little ones.  Thank you!

 From:
Lori and Rat's Brats
(Lance, Merlin, Nikita, Pirate and Sandy)