Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:35:08 -0500
Hello fellow ferret peeps!! Hope all will have a wonderful
Thanksgiving!!

I read the FML everyday and can't wait till I wake in the morning to
grab a cup of java and relax a bit before my daily grind. With 28
ferrets and a job an hour away it's usually a 15 hour day for me. This
holds true for my friend Kim. Yes, the one who is passionate about raw
feeding. I met Kim a few years back on a ferret forum. As a new ferret
owner and seeing that she lived a little over an hour away I wanted to
get acquainted with her and see if she had any questions/concerns about
ferret ownership. We started talking and eventually met. Since then we
have become friends. I might have taught her a few short cuts in ferret
owning but she had already delved into the ferret world. Her first
ferret, Josie, was deaf, had already learned sign language, and was
currently learning a little obstacle course that Kim had set up. Nope,
she didn't need any help!! Josie was already on a raw diet as well.

Running a shelter and working I have a lot on my plate. Kim knows, and
has never ever nagged me nor judged me because I feed kibble. Currently
I am feeding TF Turkey, Venison and Lamb mixed with Science Diet DM
from the vet. Both are high quality kibble. I've done my research as
well. Kim knows that not everyone is able to feed raw. Yes, she is
abrupt sometimes in her writings because I feel with all the research
she has done to help her ferrets and possibly other peoples ferrets,
sometimes people just won't accept it and she feels they are close
minded. Oh, and to clear up a misconception she has never fed a child's
pet to her ferrets. Kim is a passionate, positive person. She's had
several tragedies in her life but keeps going forward with a smile
always on her face. She's always laughing at the different mishaps and
says bad things will usually find her. I have to give her credit for
her positive attitude. She is a farrier by trade so has worked with
animals her whole life. It's just what she loves. Since the economy
took a dump she now has a job that consumes most of her time in an
office. This woman will work 12 hour shifts and come home to make sure
her ferrets have the proper care. When she was between jobs, she would
make bologna burritos just so her ferrets could maintain their proper
diet. She can talk the talk because she has walked the walk. She has
seen what her method of feeding has done. When Bob Church visited my
home and Kim brought her Roman over, he was like the Energizer
Bunny..........kept going and going and going. He seems to never get
tired. I am proud to say that I have adopted a few ferrets to her over
the years and would do it again in a heartbeat. Kim is my friend.

If you have an argument to make over how and what to feed your ferrets,
I encourage you to post your debate. Kim loves the challenge. You will
find many beliefs on the subject. Some beliefs are highly grounded in
research done while others will be based simply on what is more
convenient or popular in belief. While you may not agree with what
someone else believes, insulting or criticizing that belief only proves
that you are incapable of providing a sound and fact-based argument and
should be ignored.

Kim Kelly
Stinky Pete's Ferret Retreat

--
We will not know peace until all of the unprotected and unloved are
encircled by strong, caring arms.    www.sunbearsquad.org