From:
Kim VanderLaan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 00:26:55 -0400
Hi,

I am responding to Alicia's (Ferret Wise Shelter) post about Marshall Farms
ferrets.

I recently acquired a ferret from SuperPetz (Wyoming, MI branch).  She was
going to be destroyed because she had a broken leg (longer story, but not
relevant here).

I am quite disturbed by what I read about the adrenal tumors since I believe
she MAY be a Marshall Farms ferret.  She does have 2 blue dots on her right
ear.  Is there any other way to know for sure?  The pet store "lost" the
papers that I was supposed to receive with the ferret.

I did get a "Ferret Guarantee" with my new baby with the address: 5740
Limekiln Rd., Wolcott, NY 14590.

If anyone can tell me for sure that MF supplies SuperPetz with ferrets, that
they are the ONLY breeders that use the 2 blue dots on the right ear, or
that the Limekiln address is for MF, I would appreciate knowing.  Maybe I
can be on the alert for early symptoms.

Is this problem prevalent due to early neutering?  Are there other large
"suppliers"/breeders who have the same problem?  If I ever get a companion
for "Tracy", I don't want to get another one with a greater potential of
major medical problems.

Thank you for your help.

Kim VanderLaan