From:
Robert Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 1997 19:03:27 -0400
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I simply can't say thank you enough to everyone on this list and even more.
I apologize for my lack of response to everyone who has e-mailed us letters
of support, help, sympathy etc.  It's been overwhelming even to us, what
this one little helpless ferret has done to bring all us ferret people
togeather.

Kodo is still alive and digging like hell to get out!!!  He's just the
neatest little fert to ever come around and adopt me.  (aren't they all).
He knows all the love floating his way, I know he knows cause I can feel it
too!!!

At the time of this writing (6:10 PM 5/8/97) the latest we know is that the
motion is in front of the court of appeals in Lansing and we have a very
good chance of it being granted.  This means a "stay of execution" for Kodo
until a court date can be set for the official hearing.  This hearing will
not only help to get Kodo home where he belongs but it will help gather
momentum for the upcoming battle to change the laws here in Michigan so
no-one else has to go through this!!!

I have never in my life begged, pleaded, whined and cried for anyone to
donate money but in this case I am.  In order to move this ahead this first
hearing will require "experts" to be flowen in from other states to testify
on many various matters (many various experts) which means lots of money.
We have to foot the bill for this along with out of state subpeona's and
someone to serve them and on and on and on.  I've taken this week off from
work to be able to attend court, I'm ready to sell most every "accessory" I
have or whatever it takes.  Our savings even for the shelter are gone.  I
don't mean to be on a "poor me" expose' here, but I do not want anyone else
to ever have to endure this.

On the bright side, the longer Kodo remains alive, the better chance we have
proving he hasn't got rabies.  With the expert testimony we're expecting to
call in and published facts and figures etc.  I sincerely think we can save
Kodo's life.  Kodo is no-longer our ferret.  He's all of yours now!!  I
don't remember who said it but a phrase was formed.  Kodo -- EVERYONES
FERRET and it's true.  He now belongs to all the ferret people here, there
and everywhere.

On the note of that theme, and to help raise funds for the legal fund we are
looking into having t-shirts, sweat-shirts made with his picture sitting in
"jail" and that logo surrounding him.  I don't know if that will work, but
you let me know if you'd be interested.

On a "personal" note --->>>BIG your showing of concern, your love of the
ferrets, your dedication to the FML are OUTSTANDING!!!  Thank you for all
the info you've sorted and sent to us (and I'm sure others when the need
arose).  I spoke with a lady friend of yours today, you've got a SURPRISE
awaiting you next time you see her!!!

Krazy Kritter has graciously built a web-page bearing all the latest news as
it becomes available and he has time to post it (Lord knows I don't have any
time) and I thank him for that.  Take a look at
http://www.cris.com/~carrowor If you're enticed to swipe any of the pictures
off that page have at em.  They're there for you to use constructively.

I would like to add one footnote to this whole mess.  I hold no malice or
bad feelings toward the people who have caused this situation to occur.
Karen Burns was a target to vent my frustrations on, however, she was and is
simply attempting to do her job to the best of her abilities and the best of
her understanding of her directives.  It's not her fault that things aren't
clear to anyone.  It's unfortunate that it happened at all, and through your
contributions we should be able to get things re-written to clear, concise
terms which every Animal Control officer and public employee can clearly
understand.

Carrowor
Robert Jacobs
(517) 777-4807