From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 18:28:13 -0500
Just a wondering....I have two ferrets.  My female is a farm bred pet store
Canadian and very active, climber etc.  My male I had neutered at approx 6
months, active but not as much a climber etc.  The male is totally a sheath
of muscle with huge broad feet (I call him Sasquatch) even though he's not 3
lbs.  The female looks skinner, feels skinner, definetely not as muscular
feeling.  She has a bit of a tummy which feels flabby.  My question, really
just wondering, since they both seem very healthy is the female seems to eat
(and drink) more, more often.  The male hardly seems to eat at all, about
every 3 days his favorite food bowl suddenly gets almost empty.  It's hard
to tell for sure since there are several food bowls in the house but I see
Giesela eat more, Boris almost never and the only time I see him drink is in
the tub when I have to run water for him.  How can he stay so muscular and
not hardly eat?  And Giesela stay so skinny and eat all the time?  I realize
there is the neuter and gender thing but it seems odd just the same.

Mary, Boris (cutest feet award winner) and Giesela