From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 08:38:42 -0500
Alayne wrote
>they had a bulk container labeled as "marshall's ferret diet" for $2.00
>a pound

I would be wary about buying any food out of a bulk container.  You have
no guarantee what is in the container.  Also, I think in many cases, the
food manufacturer specifically forbids sellers from doing this.  The
Marshall's food I've seen has all been a dark brown.

>Can someone suggest a good ferret food?

I recommend Totally Ferret (available now at some Petsmarts), 8 in 1
Ultimate (NOT Ultra), Path Valley, Zupreme, Ferret Store's Superior
Choice and Mazuri.  Like others, I recommend a mix of foods to guard
against changes in formula, temporary (or permanent) unavailability of
a brand and bad batches, all of which have happened.

Wolfy, meerkats are members of the vivverid family (I'm too lazy right
now to check if that if the correct spelling!), as are mongeese.  Totally
different from the Mustelid family of ferrets, weasels, etc, though they
share the same long lean body style.

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH